Tuesday, December 29, 2009

1st decade of the century

2000: A year of firsts!

  • January.....Just getting used to my new office and all the responsibilities that came with it.
  • February.....My very 1st Harley
  • March.....My 1st year at Daytona Bike week. The 1st time R ever rode Bitch. His bike broke down when we rode down to a little Island near St Petersburg to visit a friend. He started to get on the front and I said oh no, this is my bike, you ride bitch. He has a good sense of humor. He just scooted back and said, "looks like I get to drink!" I can't believe we both rode on that little bike the rest of the trip. After the first ride I took the bitch position.
  • April..... I took a trip to Phoenix to make a victim impact statement at the sentencing of the scum that murdered my brother.
  • June.....Bike trip to Pa. for R's family reunion and to ride the area. I was on my 1200 Sportster for this trip and at that time I was about 110 lbs. I got blown around allot. I was already wishing I had bought a bigger bike.
  • August.....Skeet shooting.....and yes, I am a good shot.
  • September.....Camping in Wisconsin.
  • November.....New addition to our Harley Family, R decided his old Shovel just was not dependable for road trips any more and he took possession of a purple 2001 Dyna Wide Glide. And guys, before you even think it.....that purple bike is a chic magnet. Everywhere we go the women gather around it, ooooh...I like the purple one! I have to keep telling the women, NO, you can't have a ride!!!! Then they want to get pictures of them sitting on it. After riding this, I now know I want a bigger bike.


2001: A year of seconds and some firsts!

  • March.....My 2nd Daytona Bike Week.
  • May.....Taught my grandson how to shoot a water gun. He had allot of fun getting Grandma wet.

  • June.....Family reunion in Pa revisited.
  • July.....House on the rock in Wisconsin. Stayed at the Don Q Inn. Pretty cool place. http://www.fantasuite.com/ They have an underground tunnel to the restaurant next door.
  • August.....Sturgis. We rode to Needles and climbed to the top. Did some spelunking in Jewel Cave, http://www.nps.gov/jeca/planyourvisit/spelunkingtour.htm Which is supposedly the toughest spelunking tour in the US??? Went to Mt Rushmore, The Bad Lands, Custer Park and Devils Tower.
  • September, a busy month.....Labor day we decided to pack the bikes and head west to the Great River Road and follow it south at a leisurely pace and see where we end up at the end of day 2. We got as far as St Louis Mo. The next morning we headed to Devils Elbow and had lunch at the Elbow Inn. It's a local Rolla Mo. biker bar. Then we checked into a motel and headed back to the Elbow Inn.
    http://http//www.theroadwanderer.net/66Missouri/elbow.htm m On the 8th, I won the wienie bite contest and the potato in the hay contest at the Northern Il ABATE party. Then 9-11. I'm sure we all know where we were. I was at work and we all sat around the TV in the customer lounge, we all had to leave the room from time to time just to get our selves back together. Very little work got done that day. Later in the month, I packed up my Harley and headed south to Campaign to visit a friend by my self. We went to watch a forklift rodeo....you read it right! This I just had to see. For what ever reason, it was at a car show. Strange thing to do at a car show.
That's it for today..stay tuned for more of the decade.

3 comments:

  1. Only two years atta clip? That's ALL we get? That ain't fair. We want MORE!!!

    WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT MORE!!!
    :::::poundin' both fists on the table:::::

    P.S. -- dunno how the hell ya can remember those years tho....'n so damn vividly at THAT!

    Shit girl, I'm lucky if I can remember last year. Last MONTH! YESTERDAY even!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. Riding bitch that was good. Grandson watering you down, I can hear the giggles. And being a wiener, you gotta be proud:) You have a good blog. I've yet to do one. Lazy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Webster! You should give it a go.....It's heplful in getting through cabin fever. A distraction from the cold outside. I love getting comments but the bottom line is, I do it for me.

    I have to give credit to my wienie partner, it's gotta be hard to ride that slow through grass with a passenger on the back standing up and leaning on you while trying to get a bite of a slippery mustard slathered wienie. He's not that big of a guy but he's stronger than he looks. I have total trust in his riding abilities. He's gotten us out of alot of bad situations and taught me to react to get my self out of bad spots. Knock on wood!!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List