It's a good thing Rich is a light sleeper. It was flying back and forth about a foot above our heads. I never heard it till he woke me up. The flapping noise of the wings wakes him up.
We are getting it down to a science getting them out. Shooing them from one room to the next dark room and eventually through the open door, turning lights on behind us to keep them from going back to where we just chased them from.
The job is going well; I closed my first month end on my own and was told I did an exceptional job. I only had two accruals and only because I had to reject the contracts back to the sales force to write up a new contract. The quantity on the postal receipts did not match the quantity on the contract. We allow for a 2% margin because mail pieces get jammed in mailing machines and damaged so the mailing ends up short. These two jobs were well outside of the 2% range making it bad in the event of an audit. If our mail is not with in the 2% range, we have to submit a revised contract and bill at a lower price.
Now I know why my title is “Billing Analyst”. It’s up to me to make sure all of the billing documents match the contracts, the right client is being billed and all the money coming in is applied to the right client. Our marketing clients are everywhere, some with multiple ownerships. I would bet that every one of you have received a piece of our marketing in one form or another.
Sometimes the checks come from the corporate office for multiple dealers and not the clients themselves, leaving me to figure out where the money goes, how it is split up and which dealer goes under which umbrella. It amazes me how many checks we get with no customer number or any other customer reference other than the corporate address, which is hard to trace back to the dealerships in various states. Since we are prepaid, we don’t even have an invoice number to go on. I send out invoicing showing payments received.
I am hoping now that I have a job, the bike trips will resume next summer. I really miss the trips. Don’t get me wrong, I love the local rides, but I really miss the adventures of the open road.
We've never had one in the house(knock on wood). I have a silo and in the evening there are closr to 200 or so of them that come out. We have skeeter's not not many.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about putting a bat house in a tree at the edge of the property hoping to get them to relocate away from the house. Worried it might bring more that will find their way in. Even better...Rich gets tired of it all and replaces the window!!!!! Not likely! He never finishes a project. He replaced all the windows upstairs except that one.
ReplyDeleteBB:
ReplyDeleteGlad you are settling into your new job. The more you know, the easier it will be. Also glad that they are appreciating you
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube
Where you been. That Bat carry yous away.
ReplyDeleteJust been busy with the new job, overtime.
Delete