Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow, snow and more snow!

We woke up to more snow today. Will it ever end? It is so pretty on our Pines, and I know some places get allot more than we do, but I've seen enough already!

This is one of two Colorado Blue Spruce trees that we brought back from CO on one of our trips to visit Rich's dad. It was just a nine inch seedling when we dug it out of his back yard. We had the car that trip since he had terminal cancer and he was still at the point he could get around a little. We wanted to get there quick and be able to spend time with him instead of on the road getting there and getting back. As you fellow bikers know, when you are traveling that far by bike, your travel time can be unpredictable at times.

On the way home, we stopped at a motel and right after we had our showers we put the two potted trees in the tub and turned on the shower to water them. We nursed these trees all the way home and kept them in the house till they where strong enough to transplant to the front yard. These trees look so beautiful when they are covered in snow, but...ALRIGHT ALREADY!!!!! I've had enough of winter beauty, I'm ready to ride again. The temps are suppose to be in the low 20's all week. I keep thinking about the day when the housing market comes back enough that we can sell this house and get out of this frozen tundra. Last night I actually started looking at the job listings for TX. Not that it will do me any good right now. Just wishful thinking.

I am trying to think of a positive for this. OK, the only thing I can think of is....if it where summer right now, I would be in the house studying and hearing all the bikes go past. At least I'm not being tortured by the sound of rumbling Harley's passing by while I'm trying to study. I have a full load again this semester. I will only have three classes in the summer since they don't offer allot of summer classes. Then for the fall semester I will only have three classes left and I will have my Certification in Dec. Speaking of study.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List