I finally have a little break from school, two days to be exact.
My other half is visiting his daughter in Phoenix, AZ for Thanksgiving. This is the first holiday in 16 years that we are not together. He has called me three times and he just left yesterday. I'm starting to get the impression he misses me. Think maybe he loves me?
With me on unemployment, it's just not a good time for both of us to be spending money on plane tickets; plus, I would miss spending Thanksgiving with my grand kids. He gets to meet his future step-grand kids.....teenagers! How much fun can one person handle? They sound like they are good kids, he's just not used to being around kids that long.
One thing I'm envious of, he plans to rent a Harley and take his daughter for a ride. My bike is winterized and tucked in for the winter. I haven't been able to ride much this summer because of school. I did a ride to Eureka Springs, AR early this year before school started and to Savanna, IL over Labor Day, but not much other than that.
Today I am going to head to my son's house to teach him how to make homemade apple pie. He used to tell me that he was going to marry a Mexican girl because they know how to cook and most "white girls" are box cooks. OK, first, I need to make it perfectly clear that I love my daughter-in-law, we have a great relationship, she's the daughter I never had. This is something she even jokes about. She's half Mexican and SHE'S A BOX COOK! Guess she takes after her "white mom". Jokes on him! All kidding aside, she really is good for him. She stood by him while he was "away at college." She was pregnant with my oldest grand daughter when he left and she took her to see him every weekend (minus the one she was in the hospital giving birth). They have three kids now. He knows what he has and he loves her completely. He wants me to teach her to cook. I tell him when and if she is interested, I will be happy to. For now it works, he enjoys cooking and she don't mind cleaning after him in the kitchen. I wish some one would clean after my kitchen messes.
My youngest son was easy. My oldest was a challenge. He's grown up allot and we've gotten close now that he can appreciate being a parent. I find it amusing because he is the typical, strict, over protective father. Probably because he got into so much trouble and his wife was only 16 when their first daughter was born.
My 14 year old grand daughter, in my opinion, is really gorgeous. Not to say my other three aren't, but she is at that age where she is growing up and it's starting to worry him. She is a perfect blend of both her parents. My son is a red head and in the summer her hair is a lighter red. she has her mom's dark skin. Her eyes are hazel like mine, except she has a darker brown to them. mine are more of a green with golden brown and hers are more of a medium/dark brown with green.
As for school, it's allot harder going back at my age than I thought it would be. I started out with a C in Business Math and brought it up to a B. I started with a B in Accounting and brought it up to an A. At first, accounting was like learning a new language; but I scored the highest score in the class for the last two tests. Now the question is......Can I keep it up? I'm getting A's in my other classes, but they are all required classes and courses that I have work experience in. I don't like the grammar part of Business Communication. Grammar is not one of my strong points.
We were out with friends and I was asked how school was going and I made a comment about grammar. My other half (being the comedian that he thinks he is) comes up with "she didn't know that ain't is not a word!" I had to inform him that it is in the third edition of Webster's Dictionary.
Till next time, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who reads this.
Time to make the pies, and the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment